GOOD SAMARITAN ADVOCATES
"Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed.
Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." - Isaiah 1:17
Good Samaritan Advocates (GSA) seeks justice for our neighbors in need through legal aid, advocacy, and the transforming grace of Jesus Christ. GSA provides free legal help to the needy in the suburban Washington, D.C. area through four volunteer-based clinics.
Would you like to help build a growing ministry that provides justice to the poor? Join GSA and its partner in ministry, Christian Legal Society, in serving those in need with the love of God. We are seeking someone energetic and eager to assist in all aspects of growing a young ministry, including management of operations, communicating our mission to the public, fundraising, volunteer recruitment, and building relationships with volunteers, donors, and mission partners.
The ideal candidate will be:
● A Biblically mature believer who agrees with our Statement of Faith and program standards
● Passionate about serving the needy
● Gifted and skilled in administration of office functions, including basic bookkeeping and data management
● Skilled in the use of social media
● A proficient communicator, adept at digital, oral, written, and public communications
● Experienced in working with volunteers; non-profit leadership experience is ideal
● Experienced with office software such as Google Docs, Constant Contact, SquareSpace, QuickBooks, and donor management software
● Energetic, highly self-motivated, and well-organized
● Interested in learning and gaining nonprofit management skills
● Bachelor degree required
This full-time position offers a starting salary of $30,000 - $40,000, depending on qualifications, with benefits. Part-time option may be considered. Great opportunity for growth. Salary will be increased commensurate with increases in funds raised and the growth of the ministry. Some flexibility for working from home.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Good Samaritan Advocates, c/o 8001 Braddock Road, Suite 302, Springfield, Virginia 22151, ATTN: GSA Job Search.
For more information about GSA, please see www.goodsamaritanadvocates.org.